Sony Xperia Z2 vs. iPhone 5s – Price and Specs Comparison
Now that the Sony Xperia Z2 has been released for a while now it’s only fitting to match it against Apple’s current flagship, at least until the iPhone 6 is out, to find out which one is more worthy of your money. Stay with us and find out.
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony’s current flagship and the successor of the Sony Xperia Z1, the Z2 is an updated version of the same product. The Z1 was already a well made and was highly popular device, but Sony made it even better. The only downside of the Sony Xperia Z2 is its price tag. But when the specs are that good the cost is almost understandable.
The design of the Sony Xperia Z2 closely follows in the footsteps of the Z1. Sony’s “Omni balance” is making its mark on the shape and built quality of the Z2. The device also water and dust resistant with IP ratings of IP55/58.
Spec wise, the Sony Xperia Z2 really has it all, coming equipped with the Snapdragon 801 chip, 2.3 GHz Quad-core Krait processor, 3GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage that can be further expanded up to 128GB with the use of a microSD card. The 5.2-inch 1080p IPS Triluminos display has better viewing angles than the Z1’s screen. The colors are also more vivid thanks to Sony’s Live Color LED technology. With All these improvements the Z2 should provide a perfect multimedia experience.
The real deal of the Sony Xperia Z2 is its camera. Making use of a large 1/2.3in 20.7 MP camera coupled with Sony’s G lens, BIZON image processor and Exmor RS image sensor the Z2 knows no limits. The Sony Xperia Z2 also comes packed with features that can unlock the full potential of its powerful camera. If you can look past its hefty price tag the Sony Xperia Z2 will prove a good long term investment.
Sony Xperia Z2 Specs:
- 5.2-inch IPS Triluminos 1080p display, 424ppi, X-Reality Engine
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801
- Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- 3GB of RAM
- 16GB storage
- microSD support up to 128GB
- 20.7 MP, 1/2.3in main camera with LED flash, 2160p video recording @ 30fps
- 2.2 MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Hotspot, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, microUSB v2.0, USB OTG
- 4G LTE
- 3200mAh non-removable battery
Apple’s current flagship has been around since September 2013 and since then it became a big hit among consumers, praising its high built quality, stylish looks and user-friendly OS. The 4-inch retina display at 1136 x 640 resolution and high pixel density (326) provides excellent viewing angles, realistic colors and good contrast. It may not be the best display on the market but it complements the device well.
On the technical side of things, the iPhone 5s is equipped with a 64-bit A7 dual-core processor (clocked at 1.3 GHz), 1GB of RAM and a maximum of 64GB of internal storage. It also comes with an 8 MP iSight main camera and a 1.2 MP rear camera. The most notable features of the camera include: HDR, simultaneous HD video and image recording, slow-motion, HDR panorama and burst mode.
The Touch ID fingerprint scanner will provide you with extra security and having it under the home button is a clever solution. This is pretty useful when you can unlock your device without the need of a passcode. For those of you who use a lot of fitness and tracking app the M7 co-processor might prove useful as this is responsible of the phones motion sensors. The co-processor continues to gather data even if the device is in sleep mode and allows applications to receive the data once it’s powered up again. The price of the iPhone 5s SIM free can go up as much as $850 for the 64GB model. That’s a pretty steep price tag that many would find a bit over the top.
iPhone 5s Specs:
- 4-inch IPS 640 x 1136 display, 326ppi
- iOS 7.1.1
- Apple A7 64-bit
- Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone
- PowerVR G6430
- 1GB DDR3 RAM
- 16/32/64GB storage
- no microSD support
- 8 MP iSight main camera with Dual-LED flash, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Dual-band, Wireless Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, microUSB v2.0
- 4G LTE
- 1560mAh non-removable battery
Based on specs, the Sony Xperia Z2 clearly outpaces the iPhone 5s. The only thing the two have in common is their price range. If your choice comes down between the two the clear winner is the Sony Xperia Z2. If you prefer Apple products it would be wise to wait until the iPhone 6 comes out as the iPhone 5s is getting outdated.
Tags: Android, Apple, Comparison, flagship, iOS 7, iPhone 5S, Price, sony, sony xperia z2
- ZTE ZMAX mid-range cheap and powerful phablet
- LG G4 vs Samsung Galaxy S6 vs iPhone 6S - Price, Specs and Features of 2015 flagships
- iPhone 6 launches in 36 more countries this month including China and India
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 : The early confrontation
- Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 4 support MirrorLink