Valiant Hearts: The Great War, a new puzzle adventure game developed by Ubisoft will be releasing today for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and the PC. Ubisoft’s latest addition caught the attention of more than a few people when it was presented at this year’s E3. The upcoming title is set during World War 1 (hence the subtitle The Great War) and focuses on four characters that will give us a new perspective on important values such as love and friendship. Although the game takes place during one of the most grim periods of history, Valiant Hearts is not so much about the war itself as it is about the people caught up in these tragic events and the sacrifices they were forced to make.
“Valiant Hearts : The Great War is the story of 4 crossed destinies and a broken love in a world torn apart. Dive into a 2D animated comic book adventure, mixing exploration, action and puzzles. Lost in the middle of the trenches, play as each of the 4 strangers, relive the War and help a young German soldier find his love. Following your faithful canine companion, you will play each character story mixing friendship, love, sacrifice, and tragedy in the horror of the Great War.” The game’s key features include:
- An animated comic book adventure: From the green forests of the French countryside, to dank trenches and snowy fields, go back through history in this emotional adventure game delivered with a unique tone and art style.
- A mix of exploration, action and puzzles: Move into action and help your heroes survive the Great War by solving puzzles or sneaking through enemy lines… live a touching and comical adventure.
- Follow the stories of these Valiant Hearts… Lost in the middle of the trenches, play each of these characters and help a young German soldier find his love!
- … And their faithful canine companion: With the help of your trusty companion’s canine sense of smell, send him through barbed-wire obstacles and shell holes to solve puzzles or avoid enemies… Rely on him: this dog will be your best friend!
- Relive the Great War: This fictitious story takes you back to famous WW1 locations, like Reims or Montfaucon, revisiting historical battles on the Western Front, such as the Battle of the Marne or the Battle of the Somme!
Valiant Hearts: The Great War will be available for download via Steam, UPlay, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network, and can be purchased for $15. Stay tuned for more news and updates.