IDrive to provide 1TB of cloud storage with “titanium” data encryption
These days, it is vital to keep all your precious information safe from harm, and the fact is that standard storage devices such as the HDD or USB are not the most reliable solution. But no worries, because IDrive has got your back on this one. The IDrive service will allow you to store all of your irreplaceable information securely, with the possibility to easily access it at any time from any location. The IDrive Pro Personal Plan is now offering users a 1 year subscription with 1TB limit of cloud encrypted backup and 1TB of sync space. Developers say that your data couldn’t be in a safer place as the IDrive service features a multiple device backup system which adds to the high performance and military grade 256-bit AES encryption (with optional private key) capabilities. The service also provides Facebook backup.
Here are IDrive’s detailed main features:
- Pro Personal Plan – 1 TB of cloud backup for 1 year + 1 TB of sync space
- Add unlimited devices to your account – PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, Android devices, even mapped drives
- Sync files and folders between all devices, so your data is always with you
- Hybrid Backup – Secure local backup, solves the biggest problem with cloud backup, slow restores
- Secure 256-bit AES encryption with optional private key
- Free IDrive Express seed backup to speed up your first upload
- Facebook backup
- Mobile file access
The IDrive proves to be a fast, diverse and secure solution for sheltering the information you cannot do without. The standard price of the service is $60, but there is currently a Joystiq.com offer which allows you to purchase the service for a substantially reduced price of $19, with one year subscription. For Windows users, in order to be eligible for the IDrive service you will have to be running on one of the following versions: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2012 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows Home Server, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000, Windows XP Home/Professional, and a required RAM memory of 512 MB. For Mac users, IDrive will be supported on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or greater [OS X Mavericks compatible], with required 256 MB of RAM and a 500 MHz G3 processor or better.
- iOS devices will be seeing Virtual Reality with AirVR
- What will the Samsung Galaxy S6 bring in terms of price, specs and display?
- Sony Xperia Z4 said to come in both FHD and QHD display versions
- Google Inbox now available on iPads from iTunes
- OnePlus One holiday giveaway to last until the beginning of 2015