Did you ever delete a character in World of Warcraft and then wished that you didn’t? Well, very soon that mistake can be corrected because you will be able to bring you deleted WoW characters back from the dead once the new pre-Warlords of Draenor patch kicks in. Restored characters will come back to life complete with all their gems, enchantments and items, but Blizzard will be holding on to the character names for a while. You can create a new World of Warcraft character with that old name or you can choose that name for the restored character once again, the choice is yours. While all of this sounds great, Blizzard did put some restrictions into place and you check them out below.
- Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55 are not eligible to be undeleted.
- Characters between level 10 and level 29 will no longer be recoverable after 90 days.
- Characters between level 30 and 49 will no longer be recoverable after 120 days.
- All other characters level 50 and above are eligible to be undeleted at any time.
- Please keep in mind you will only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.
Earlier this month, Blizzard also announced that it will be freeing up the names of characters who haven’t logged into World of Warcraft since November 2008. The company says that it wants to offer players a wide variety of names to choose from once the new expansion arrives. Presumably this is the very same reason while it will be holding on to the restored character names if their original owners don’t want them anymore. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor will be released on November 13th and looks to be the best expansion we’ve had in a very long time. Shortly after its launch, Blizzard will be kicking off the World of Warcraft 10-year anniversary event and you can view all the details here.