A massive Battlefield 4 patch is currently rolling out on all platforms. This ‘Fall’ update brings with it a wide variety of changes to the core game and DLC s along with bug fixes and tweaks aimed at improving stability and balance. Battlefield 4 was riddled with bugs when it launched almost one year ago and DICE has been trying to straighten things up ever since. Several other updates were released until now in an attempt to fix all the problems, but this last one is the biggest patch to date. The full change log is extremely long so I won’t list all of it here, but you can check out some of the highlights below.
- Fix for a crash that could occur when entering a vehicle or using a gadget.
- • Fix for an issue on the Siege of Shanghai where players could make themselves invincible near Flag A.
- • Various collision fixes and other performance improvements have been made to Dragon’s Teeth maps.
- • High latency indicator tweaked to give players a better idea of when they are experiencing lag.
- Added functionality to be able to shoot when falling (not jumping).
- Permanent fix for gadget exploit where a user could equip gadgets from different classes.
- Jet guns visual recoil has been reduced to 30% of what it was before.
- • Fixed an issue with inaccuracy on the RPG and XM-25 where if after shooting a player very quickly it switches to another weapon then switches back, then the dispersion is large until after the first shot.
- Bullet velocity increases: Improved bullet velocity for Slugs and nearly all suppressed weapons. Selectively improved base velocity for weapons that were too slow for their intended range.
- All automatic pistols: Shortened duration of slide animation during firing animations to prevent slide appearing to not cycle when firing quickly.
- Revive timer has been added. It will show timers on teammates so that the player can choose who to revive.
You can view the full patch notes on the Battlefield 4 website. The update is available for PC, PS3,PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.