Bloodborne’s online co-op features revealed
A few days ago we got some exclusive information on the upcoming exclusive PS4 title, Bloodborne. Now, an extensive list of online co-op features has been released via dualshockers.com, along with details on in game options and a full controls list. The aforementioned information has been snatched from the game’s Alpha manual. Intriguing new features are revealed, that present a complex gameplay with staggering amount of options at the player’s disposal. Communication in the co-op mode is very diverse, the player will be able to combine words and sentences in a memoir for other players to read. Players will be able to keep a detailed log of their memoirs and rate them. Other players may appear as ghosts, replays of other players’ deaths will be available when approaching their tombs, and many more.
Check out the long list of co-op features translated from the Japanese manual of Bloodborne:
- Players can stagger enemies by hitting them with correct timing while they’re attacking, or from the rear.
- Communication with other players is done via a gesture menu.
- Four items are available to players during the alpha test: a “Bell of Dream Summoning,” a “Small Bell of Resonating” a “Blank Ammunition of Farewell” and “Memoir“
- By using the Bell of Dream Summoning and Small Bell of Resonating you can play cooperatively with up to three players. The one summoning will be the host, while the others will be guests.
- You start co-op gameplay as a host by using the Bell of Dream Summoning from your inventory menu. An effect will appear at your character’s feet.
- When a player responding to the call is found the bell starts resonating and co-op gameplay will begin
- You indicate that you wish to take part in co-op as a guest by using the Small Bell of Resonating in your inventory menu. An effect will appear at your character’s feet.
- The bell will start to resonate as soon as a host is found, and you’ll be transferred to his world after a short while.
- The effect at the player’s feet will appear only when standing still. All co-op requests can be canceled by using the appropriate item again.
- Co-op gameplay ends (and all players will return to their own world) if any of the following conditions is met: The area boss is defeated, the host or the guest dies or connection to the host is lost.
- The host can also shoot the Blank Ammunition of Farewell to send a guest back to his own world.
- You can use a memoir by combining words and sentences, and place it in the ground. Messages will appear for other players to read.
- You can check the history of the memoirs you’ve left up to any point.
- You can also check the log of all the memoirs you’ve read up to any point and their evaluation.
- By pressing circle (X in the western version) you can read memoirs on the ground close to you.
- You can rate the memoirs you read good or bad by pressing left or right on the D-pad while reading them.
- Other players that are playing in the same location can appear as ghosts.
- Graves will appear where another player has died. By pressing circle (or X in the western version) you can watch a replay of their death.
Here is a list of in-game options:
- Horizontal camera axis.
- Vertical camera axis.
- Camera rotation speed.
- Automatic enemy lock-on toggle.
- Automatic wall transparency when in the way of the camera.
- Controller vibration toggle.
- HUD display toggle.
- Music volume.
- Sound effects volume.
- Brightness adjustment.
And a full list of gameplay controls (replace circle and X for the western version).
- D-Pad: menu navigation.
- Circle: confirm.
- X: return to previous screen.
- Left Stick: movement.
- Right Stick: camera.
- R2: strong attack, right hand weapon.
- R1: attack, right hand weapon.
- L1: transformation, right hand weapon.
- L2: attack, left hand weapon, or special attack when using a transformed weapon in two hander.
- Circle: action.
- Triangle: use healing item.
- Square: use item.
- X: Backstep.
- R3: Lock toggle when an enemy is nearby. Reset camera with no enemy in range.
- D-Pad Down: Item selection.
- D-Pad Right: right hand weapon selection.
- D-Pad Left: left hand weapon selection.
- Options: open menu.
- Touch pad pressure on the left: open gesture menu.
- Touch pad pressure on the right: open inventory menu.
- L1 (during an attack): weapon transformation attack.
- Hold R2: attack charge.
- Left stick forward + L2: jumping attack.
- Hold X + Left Stick: Dash.
- Dash + X: Rolling Dash.
- X + Left Stick: Roll
- X Left Stick (when locked on an enemy): Sidestep.
As seen in these lists, players will be blessed with an abundant set of features, from versatile and flashy combat options to unique gesture and written communication between players, and developers announced that this is just a taste of what’s to come. The full version of Bloodborne will encompass a tone of new additional features. As you might know by now, the game will land on February 6, 2015 in North America and Europe, one day after it will be released in Japan. We’ll see what new goodies developers prepare for us until then.
- Save Winston Churchill in the latest Sniper Elite 3 DLC
- Just Cause 3 will not launch with a multiplayer mode, map size will be similar to that of Just Cause 2
- Microsoft releases official NFL Xbox One and Windows 8 app
- Xbox Japan CEO resigns in light of poor Xbox One sales in the country
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel could come to next generation consoles