PlanetSide 2 massive update rolling out today
PlanetSide 2 will receive today a massive update that will include a series of bug fixes, extensive gameplay updates and an exclusive ‘Nanite of the Living Dead’ Halloween event, as developers announce on the game’s official forum. Game developers are clearly all in for fun, interactive additions to PlanetSide 2 so players can go after some genetically modified “space pumpkins” which accidentally landed on Auraxis. “Due to a recent “mix-up”, some of our latest samples were shipped down to the surface of Auraxis instead of the testing facility that they were intended for, because Helen in Order Processing can’t seem to separate her personal life from her job long enough to get her assignments sorted.” PlanetSide 2 creators are also “bringing out of the closet” a lot of new seasonal masks to be worn during ‘Nanite of the Living Dead’ events.
Here is a small taste of what’s in store:
- All 1x, 2x, 3.4x and 4x sight reticles have been updated to be dynamically drawn, rather than static geometry. This will better represent where the weapon is aimed when moving, firing, or flinching.
- Updated existing scopes of all NS weapons with new NS scopes.
- Color and shape variants for 1X and 2X reticles are now available.
- Red dot icons now show shape and color of the sights reticle
- The rumble seat on the flash now faces forward and its passenger can rotate 360 degrees.
- Flash handling has received an overhaul. It should now be much harder to flip and lose traction less often.
- Fixed model preview for Flash scout radar.
Experience Reward Changes
- Capturing a control point will now grant 4 ticks of 100 xp each during the capture, plus a bonus 25 for controlling the point for a total of 425 xp for a full point capture.
- Guarding a friendly control point at a contested facility will grant 50 xp every 20 seconds.
- Kills while in capture range of the capture point will now award a bonus of 100 xp.
- Multi-kill bonus is now awarded at 2 kills within one second (down from 3).
- Domination bonus is now awarded at 2 consecutive kills against a player without being killed by that player (down from 3).
- Nemesis bonus (killing a player who is dominating you) increased to 100 xp.
- Revenge bonus increased to 50 xp (up from something less significant).
- MAX kill bonus increased to 200 xp (up from 20).
- Deploy bonus renamed to “Transport Assist” in all places where it was referenced (including Directives). These are awarded when a player leaves your vehicle and gets a kill within a couple minutes, provided you are still in the vehicle.
- Transport Assist is now equivalent to a kill, 100 xp (up from 50).
- Driver assist XP
PlanetSide 2 has also been announced for PlayStation 4, but with no official release date just yet. The game is a genuine MMOFPS, with massive combat on a scale never before seen in stunning, breathtaking detail. Battles take place not between dozens of troops, but thousands; with air and ground vehicles slugging it out alongside squads of troops. Whether in open fields, tightly-packed urban centers or enormous structures, winning requires strategic teamwork and a quick trigger finger. To find out more about this update, visit the game’s official forum.