Bungie announced that Destiny will be receiving a hot fix today to be applied at approximately 7AM Pacific Time. This comes after the extensive 1.02 update implemented in the course of last week which brought a series of fixes and optimizations to the game. Developers announce Destiny players that online services will be interrupted for several hours due to this maintenance process, and they will not be able to play the game during this time interval. The majority of changes included in the update aim to improve the technology that enables players to connect to Destiny. Users who have experienced problems with the server connection will no longer have to worry about those issues, according to Bungie.
Here is the full list of fixes:
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
So, hopefully no more sighs of frustration for those players who have encountered problems with connectivity, online lag, and so on. Bungie wants to assure Destiny gamers that the player experience will remain unchanged. Destiny developers have certainly got their work cut out for them, as the game has had many hiccups to begin with, but now they are starting to enjoy some breathing space with these recent fixes. We’re awaiting for more updates to furthermore reduce in-game issues.