Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition Patch released for PS4 and Xbox One
Blizzard has announced on their official battle.net forum the release of a brand new 2.1.o Patch for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition. This patch features many interesting additions, one of which is worthy of top position: The Vault realm. This new area of the game will allow players to enter a new mysterious environment after defeating the Treasure Goblins. The fallen Goblins will create a portal to The Vault – an eerie world with valuable treasures and a new Sanctuary boss: the Baroness Greed. Magic portals to The Vault can only be accessed in Adventure Mode, and patch notes reveal that they will not be available inside Nephalem Rifts or Greater Rifts. See more information on The Vault here.
Let’s take a closer look at the new patch additions for Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition:
“What’s New” Screen
- A “What’s New” screen will now appear whenever a player logs into the game after a new patch has been installed (and pressing “Start” at the Main Menu). As the name suggests, this screen will provide a quick overview of new features included in the patch.
- When adventuring in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts, players will have a chance to encounter a new randomized environment: The Cesspools. Originally designed as the sewers of Westmarch, this festering, dank underworld is now ready to explore and plunder!
- Greater Rifts are a special type of timed Nephalem Rift. There are an infinite number of Greater Rift levels, and each level will be progressively more difficult than the last. Upon completing a Greater Rift, players will be able to choose between one of two rewards: a chance to upgrade their Legendary Gems or (if they complete the Greater Rift level within its allotted time) the opportunity to move on to the next Greater Rift level. Players can continue progressing through Greater Rift levels so along as they complete the current Rift level before its timer expires.
- Please note that Greater Rifts can only be accessed in Adventure Mode.
- Legendary Gems are a new type of gem that can drop in Greater Rifts and The Vault and will offer powerful abilities when socketed into Rings and Amulets. Players will have the opportunity to upgrade their Legendary Gems over time by completing Greater Rifts.
- Ramalandni’s Gift is a new Legendary item that will allow players to add a socket to any weapon that does not already have one. This item can drop randomly in the game world and will be consumed on use.
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition is a game of absolute evil and possessed beasts which effectively incorporates Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls into a single game, including its five acts, the Crusader class, and bounties. The game is currently firing on all cylinders on both Xbox One and PS4 at Full HD 1080p. Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition has also been released on PS3 and Xbox 360. This update can be automatically downloaded simply by signing in into your PSN or Xbox Live accounts. Last-gen PS3 and Xbox 360 will not be enjoying any post-release patches for Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition, Blizzard announced. For more detailed information on the 2.1.o patch, visit the official battle.net forum.