Grid Autosport PC version gets patched up this week
After Codemasters announced that we’ll be seeing Grid Autosport in Virtual Reality, an upcoming patch is scheduled to go live by the end of this week. The PC patch will include the eagerly awaited Oculus Rift support and a bunch of other new community requested fixes, vehicle upgrades and DLC support for the upcoming Drag Racing DLC pack. The guys at Codemasters have built a true racer that is constantly improving, showcasing core motorsport competition on all levels, with open-wheel racing, stock and GT events taking place on real world racing circuits and tight city courses. Grid Autosport is being considered as one of the most genuine racing games out there, receiving high scores in numerous relevant reviews. Take a look at the full list of upgrades and improvements to be featured in this upcoming patch:
- Oculus Rift – Added code support to enable Oculus Rift compatibility, coupled with minor optimisations for the virtual reality experience.
- Drag mode addition – Additional code for the new “Drag” race mode.
- Community Requested Fix – Repair costs of high mileage vehicles get progressively too high, this has been resolved.
- Community Requested Fix – Increased variety of tracks found within playlist events.
- Online Fix – To improve the online experience, player impact ratings are now enabled by default.
- Community Requested Fix – Vehicle upgrades were fully functional even when vehicle tuning is disabled, this has been resolved.
- DLC Support – Various fixes to ensure full compatibility of the Drag DLC, which contain new tracks, cars and game modes.
- Online Fix – Resolved sporadic instances of network games loading into the race with just your team mate, despite having more players in the lobby.
- Stability Improvement – Improved stability of the game under certain strained scenarios within the track select screen.
- Stability Improvement – Improved stability for multi event sessions when using the checkpoint game mode.
- Community Gift – We will be rewarding all players with 500,000 in-game cash when the patch is applied. This is a small thank you to all who have supported the GRID series and the active community who have given us their constructive feedback.
One of the highlight points of this PC patch is the 500,000 in-game cash players will be awarded as a token of gratitude for contributing to a great extent to the improvement of the game. And, of course, for those players who have purchased an Oculus VR set, the game will be truly on after this patch gets out this week. Information on the next patch for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will follow shortly, according to Codemasters. Hope you enjoy Grid Autosport’s new VR face, and share some details with us after playing the game to tell us how it plays in VR.
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Receives its Own Comic Series
- inFamous: Second Son community managed to impress Sucker Punch
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection Announced for Xbox One and PS4
- Gran Turismo 6 patch brings new features and content
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Soundtrack Special Edit Version Limited Edition Details