New massive patch available for Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 developer, inXile Entertainment announced the first major post-launch patch for their post-apocalyptic RPG. The patch includes a massive amount of fixes and additional features, and is now live on Steam. Other services will follow in the near future. As the sequel of Wasteland – the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG (CRPG) title launched in 1988 and the source of inspiration behind the Fallout series, Wasteland 2 finds itself impelled to fill in the shoes of its older brother with success. Wasteland was a true path opener for the RPG genre as it allowed players to control and command individual parties for tactical purposes, or make moral decisions that would have an impact on the world around them. Developers take pride in the fact that Wasteland is a veteran in many gameplay aspects, such as “multi-path problem solving, dripping in choice and consequence, and eschewing the typical one-key-per-lock puzzle solving methods of its peers, in favor of putting the power into players’ hands to advance based on their own particular play style.”
Wasteland 2 will transplant the core values of its predecessor into this new gaming era, with a modern turn-based tactical combat that will test your surviving skills in a world heavily scarred by large scale annihilation. This new post-launch patch is too big to outline here, but some of its main highlights are presented below:
- Hotfix: fixed a performance degradation issue with the Very Large font size.
- Hotfix 2: fixes an issue with being unable to move items between characters while using French and Russian languages.
- Large amount of memory optimizations, particularly with audio, to improve performance and stability on lower-spec systems and 32-bit operating systems
- Fixed enemy “unlimited AP” movement bug that allowed them to sometimes move much farther than intended
- Extensive improvements and fixes to California questlines, particularly in Hollywood and Griffith Park. May require you to load an older save file before Hollywood to fully benefit
- Added a travel speed toggle to the world map, allowing you to zip and zoom around if you so please (doesn’t affect encounters, only travel speed)
- Custom portraits will now work correctly when Windows account username contains non-English characters.
– Added support for “Very Large” text
- Added 50 messages to load screens containing gameplay hints and tips
- Loading now continues when the game is tabbed out, and pauses after finishing
- Further UI fixes and improvements, such as new and correctly used icons
- Many localization updates and bug fixes across all languages
Take a look at the full patch notes on the Wasteland 2 blog.