Sledgehammer Games has released a new patch for the PC version of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare aiming to optimize online connectivity. Numerous player reports were pointing to a series of issues while playing the game online across all platforms: PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. Online gameplay lag has been an ongoing issue since the game launched and hopefully this patch will manage to mend some of the immediate problems. Developers will also be implementing a fix for Prestige reset issues in the following period. This patch is one of the many to be released this week, as PS4 and Xbox One players will be getting a new update in the next 48 hours pending approval from Sony and Microsoft.
In the meantime, take a look at the patch notes for the PC update. Consoles will be receiving this update shortly.
- Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
- Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
- Fixed Marksman and Camo challenges to not reset when you prestige.
- Connectivity optimizations for game servers.
- Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.
- Fixed stats not accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
- Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
- Fixed round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
- Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
- Fixed weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
- Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.
- Fixed double xp splash, so it doesn’t show up in private match, combat readiness program, or survival mode.
- Showing 4x or 2x based on whether a loot double xp item exists.
- Add double XP icon to medal splashes when double xp is active.
- Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression.
- KC score limit increased to 85 per match.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare seems to be joining the ranks of Destiny or DriveClub, as the title requires patch after patch just one week after its release. It’s a shame really that major developers such as Sledgehammer comes out with an unfinished product to meet the publisher’s expectations.