Shadow of Mordor gets a new skin and challenge mode for free
Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has announced Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor players will soon be able to outfit their protagonist with a brand-new skin – the Lithariel character skin (see above) – in addition to trying out a new challenge mode and epic rune. All of these will be available in the Power of Defiance bundle, which is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC gamers today, via a free update. “With the new character skin, players become Lithariel, the Warrior Commander of the Tribesmen of Nurn, and lead the charge against the Dark Lord Sauron and his troops. They can test their survival skills in the new Test of Defiance Challenge Mode,” reads the official press release. Too long; didn’t read? Check out the official run-down below.
- Play as Lithariel – daughter of Lady Marwen, Queen of Nurn
- Test of Defiance Challenge Mode – Players face the ultimate test to their warrior prowess as they defeat Sauron’s Warchiefs without cheating death or relying on the power of the Wraith.
- Epic Rune – Defiant to the End: Players gain an additional Last Chance to return to the fray in combat.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dynamic game environment where the player orchestrates their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will. The game begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, as his Black Captains brutally execute the Rangers of the Black Gate. Players become Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance. Based on the player’s actions with the in-game Nemesis System, every enemy encountered is distinct and can evolve to become a personal arch-enemy through the course of the game. As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.
- InFamous: Second Son will focus on singleplayer, won't have multiplayer
- Pay to win coming to The Division? Concerns over "Phoenix Credits" in Uplay shop
- League of Legends getting new tutorial mode
- Boys' Love Visual Novel "No, Thank You!!!" Available for Preorder!
- Hearts of Iron IV lets you micromanage as Hitler