Capcom, the beloved developer of Mega Man, has announced that the 8-bit version of the title have released on iOS and Android. These ported games will provide a good dose of nostalgia to long-time fans of the series and provide new players with an introduction to how the Blue Bomber became such an iconic character. The following games are available on the Apple Store and Google Play Store, and are priced at a very affordable $1.99.
- Mega Man® Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile- Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears – Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe – the enigmatic Mr. X!
With modern phones providing the power of a computer in our pocket, the trend of releasing retro games for mobile devices is picking up speed. A huge portion of the gaming market is made up of so-called “casual” gamers who largely do their gaming on phones. These ports of classic games to iPhone and Android may very well increase the player base on traditional consoles, as new fans of this series and other classics are hooked on the mobile versions and seek out more entries in the series. Only time will tell!