Legend of Grimrock 2 to be coming next month
The title that reinvented the dungeon crawling genre has now an official release date. Almost Human has recently announced via grimrock.net that Legend of Grimrock 2 will be launched on 15th of October, exclusively on PC. The Steam and standalone versions are available for pre-order on the above mentioned website. The game story starts with a group of four prisoners that have shipwrecked on the mysterious and secluded Isle of Nex. The island is filled with ancient ruins, eerie shrines, and a complex network of dungeons and mines. In order to escape, the prisoners will be forced to find ways to defend against foes and eventually destroy the evil mastermind of the island.
Here are some key features of the game:
- Explore the wilderness and the dungeons of Isle of Nex: walk in ancient forests riddled with mysterious magical statues, fight the denizens of poison fuming swamps, dive in the Forgotten River in search of treasure, uncover secrets hidden deep below…
- More than 20 hours of pure blooded dungeon crawling gameplay with grid-based movement and thousands of squares filled with hidden switches, pressure plates, secret doors, riddles, deadly traps and more.
- Cast spells with runes, craft potions and bombs, fight murderous monsters with a large variety of melee-, ranged and thrown weapons, as well as firearms.
- Create a party of four characters and customize them with 7 character classes, 5 races, and numerous skills and traits. Collect experience to hone their skills and discover improved equipment and magical artifacts.
- 42 different kind of monsters including 30 new foes unique to Isle of Nex.
- Play custom adventures created by others or make your own with Dungeon Editor.
- More depth, variety and open ended exploration than in Legend of Grimrock 1. Enhanced AI, spell casting, puzzle mechanics and skill systems.
Grimrock 2 developers focused on the exploration and survival challenge aspects of the game to give players a true adventurous feel, so logic and perception will take you further than raw force will. Players will be able to find from powerful artifacts to buried treasures in secret hidden chambers, performs spells, develop enchanted potions, or bombs to help fight against the hideous monsters on Nex. Dungeon crawler fans are in for a treat!