Jagged Alliance Flashback gets last major update before launch
Developer Full Control has released Jagged Alliance Flashback’s last major update ahead of the game’s official launch, which happens on October 21st. In addition to the Angetta and Secret Sectors, Full Control has also implemented an Energy System, a Morale System, new weapons, and a strategic map overhaul. Jagged Alliance Flashback is available on PC, Mac, and Linux, and it will set you back $29.99, £24.99, €29.99. Below you’ll find the official rundown of the update’s features.
- Energy System: The energy system aims to create the feeling of exhaustion or invigoration at appropriate times. A unit will run low on energy after sprinting for several consecutive turns, simulating being out of breath, exhaustion or even unconsciousness.
- Morale System: Every mercenary has their own morale rating. If a unit is shot, the morale is reduced. This can cause both the enemy and the player to panic, run away, or make deadly mistakes.
- Drop & Loot system: Has been substantially revised; containers are now accessible throughout the game.
- New enemy spawn system: Provides enemies with more varied equipment according to specific experience level and assigns them to unique squads.
- Improved enemy AI: Enemies will now go into cover, move or change stance. and use their equipment to the best of their ability.
- 15 new iconic weapons: New handguns, SMGs, assault and sniper rifles.
- All Sectors unlocked: All Sectors from the final game can now be accessed and explored!
- Strategic Map UI Overhaul
Jagged Alliance Flashback is portrayed as a return to the series’ roots, featuring turn-based tactics, “crazy mercenary personalities”, and intense battles. Players must manage a squad of unique mercenaries to secure income and eventually take the island back – sector by sector, turn by turn. “It is 1988 on the Caribbean island group of San Hermanos. The ruthless smuggler and arms dealer, who dubbed himself ‘The Prince’, rules the islands with an iron fist”, reads the game’s official description. “The oppressed people of San Hermanos have little hope for a better future and the prince’s army succeeded in capturing the rebel leader, Marion Shiro, and has sentenced her to death. Avoiding an open invasion, the player is sent to infiltrate San Hermanos and help the rebellion before things take a turn for the worse”.