New Call of Duty Confirmed for 2015
Activision on Thursday announced that it will release a new Call of Duty game this fall, and will be produced by developer Treyarch. This is Treyarch’s first Call of Duty game to be developed on Activision’s new three-year, three-studio development schedule. The developer’s most recent game was 2012’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and they first developed Call of Duty: World at War, followed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and the two Call of Duty: Black Ops games.
Since new Call Of Duty games are usually announced in May, there were no real details, but Activision promised it would be “loaded with innovation.” However, many believe that the new game will be a sequel to Treyarch’s former Call of Duty games, therefore gamers could possibly be seeing a Black Ops 3, or World at War 2. Fans of the Call of Duty franchise can also expect to see the traditional zombies, since Treyarch had unveiled that feature in Call of Duty: World at War and became a standard for Call of Duty games, despite the fact that it was almost a cancelled gamemode.
Activision said during an investor’s call that the new game is expected to sell ‘consistently’ with last year’s Advanced Warfare. Sales of the franchise are believed have to be in decline for the last two years, although the franchise has still remained the number one game in North America for the last six years in a row. Despite sales in decline, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg also revealed today that Advanced Warfare had crossed $1 billion in sales. He also said DLC sales, both of the game’s DLC pass and individual purchases, are up year-over-year.
The company’s decision to partner with Treyarch could be due to the creation of the zombies mode or the creation of Black Ops and Black Ops 2, which remain the biggest-selling titles in franchise history, according to Hirshberg . The game is expected to be released on all current gen consoles, along with PC.