Doom 4 beta will only be available for next-gen consoles and PC
A couple of months ago Bethesda promised that everyone who pre-orders Wolfenstein: The New Order will receive a beta key for Doom 4, a game that’s also developed by the same company. Bethesda plans to deliver on that promise, however it seems that the Doom 4 beta will only be available for next-gen consoles and the PC. The game itself will still be available on all platforms. If you pre-order Wolfenstein: The New Order for the Xbox 360 you will receive a Doom 4 beta key for the Xbox One and if you buy the game for the PS3 you will receive a PS4 version.
The game has been in development since 2008 by id Software, which later was acquired by ZeniMax, best known for Bethesda Softworks and for developing the recently released Elder Scrolls Online. Originally titled Doom 4, it has been renamed to Doom in February 2014 which hints at a possible reboot of the franchise, although there is no official word on this just yet.
Wolfenstein: The New Order is planned for release in late May and is coming out for the Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4 and PC . There is currently no information regarding the release date of Doom 4 or its beta testing phase, but we’ll be sure to bring you the latest news on the matter once available, so stay tuned for more updates!
- The last ever Call of Duty Ghosts tournament ends with Evil Geniuses taking the grand prize
- The next Assassin's Creed Unity patch is expected to fix any remaining issues
- Batman Arkham Knight aiming for parity across PS4, XB1
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Review - Spoilers Inside
- Destiny PC is being discussed, but no announcements yet