Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with HD Voice from AT&T
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini will be available for purchase from AT&T starting from May 23rd. It will be the first smatphone to support HD Voice from AT&T that’s advertised to provide “Crystal clear conversations”. Although almost all new devices come with 4G LTE radio when it come to calls we still use 3G technologies. Voice over LTE is still in its early stages but AT&T plans to make the first step on May 23rd.
HD Voice is only available between to devices that support VoLTE and the call is places in the supported area. The first locations to get this technology will be Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois and Wisconsin with more areas to follow in the future. HD is part of our lives now thanks to our TVs and gadgets, it’s only natural that voice calls get upgraded also.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini will become the first device to be able to place HD Voice calls. The device itself is not a bad one and comes with decent specs and features:
- 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm (4.91 x 2.41 x 0.35 in)
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED 540 x 960px display, 256ppi
- Android 4.3 (4.4.2 planned)
- Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400
- Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait
- Adreno 305
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 8GB storage (5GB user available)
- microSD support up to 64GB
- 8 MP, autofocus, LED flash, touch focus, face detection, geo-tagging, HDR, panorama, geo-tagging, video 1080p@30fps
- 1.9 MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, microUSB v2.0,
- 1900mAh battery, up to 12 h talk time
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini will be available from AT&T at $49.99 for a two-year contract. The device is not yet available for preorder but AT&T got it listed as coming soon. Depending on the success of the test, new states might get HD Voice support very soon. Hopefully HD Voice will become available globally soon and the current voice call quality will be a thing of the past.