Wii U exclusive Bayonetta 2 coming this October
Nintendo announced today during their E3 digital event that Bayonetta 2 will grace the Wii U this October. The sequel to Bayonetta will also include the original game so you’re basically getting two games for the price of one. Strangely enough, Bayonetta skipped the Wii U when it was released back in 2009 and only became available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Now we see that Bayonetta 2 is skipping all other platforms and will be released as a Wii U exclusive title. The game adds some brand new attacks and abilities to everyone’s favorite witch. Check out some of the new features below.
- Initiate the new Umbran Climax technique to temporarily summon demons and boost Bayonetta’s attack range whenever you fill her magic gauge.
- Fight with new over-the-top weapons that open new possibilities to the way you battle, including the Kafka, a bow that shoots poisonous arrows; the Rakshasa, a pair of beautiful katana blades; and a giant rifle-inspired scythe known as the Chernobog.
- Team up with a friend in Tag Climax, a two-player online co-op mode.
- In online quick matches, you can wager halos, the in-game currency that you earn by defeating enemies. You receive a large sum back if you can prove you’re a better fighter than your partner. Halos can then be traded in a story mode shop to unlock new techniques, buy accessories and pick up alternate weapon variations.
- Every chapter ends with a medal ranking: Stone, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum or Pure Platinum. The more skilled you are, the higher your ranking.
- This game is approachable for players of all levels, with settings of three difficulty levels. Through Touch Play, you can play with the GamePad’s stylus and touch screen, regardless of which difficulty you choose.
If you’watch the trailer I’m sure you’ll notice some familiar looking costumes near the end. The Wii U port of the original Bayonetta will let you dress up as some of your favorite characters from other games by Nintendo. This includes Link from The Legend of Zelda, Princess Peach from the Super Mario games, and Samus Aran from Metroid. In addition, some of her attacks are inspired by Nintendo games in order to match the theme of this 2 in 1 package.
Bayonetta 2 is being developed by Platinum Games, just like the original. The game is no yet available for pre-order, but Nintendo says that it will be in the near future. Stay tuned for more news and updates.