Sniper Elite 3 coming July 1st for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC
Rebellion Developments announced today that Sniper Elite 3 will be arriving to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and the PC on July 1st in North America. The latest installment in the popular tactical shooter series continues the story of elite sniper Karl Fairburne during World War 2. This time around you’ll be battling a deadly new foe across the unforgiving North African theater of war. The infamous Afrika Corps Nazi expeditionary force are gaining the upper hand against the Allies. That’s the bad news. The worst news is that Germany is said to be constructing a super weapon able to cause devastation on an unprecedented scale. If finished, this weapon would mean not only defeat in Africa, but in the entire war as well.
Everybody is counting on you to make things right and turn things around, but no pressure. In Sniper Elite 3 “one bullet can change history” and it’s your job to fire that bullet. In Rebellion’s latest title you can even decide if Hitler really died in his bunker in 1945 or if he died two years prior at the hand of a mysterious sniper. The DLC mission Hunt the Gray Wolf that comes free of charge if you pre-order Sniper Elite 3 will allow you to decide how the story plays out. The content pack comes with an expansive environment, randomized clues, and seven different ways to take down Adolf Hitler (aka the Gray Wolf). The game really makes you feel like a true hunter and includes multiple features that serve to enhance the experience. Check them out below.
- Expansive new environments – Stalk multi-route environments up to THREE times larger than levels seen in Sniper Elite V2. Never play a level the same way twice.
- Adapt to any situation – Use stealth, distraction, sound masking and traps. Your approach. Your way. If things go hot, use the new ‘Relocate’ mechanic to slip into the shadows and find a new weakness in enemy lines.
- New vehicle kill cams – Multi-stage destruction allows you to take out armoured cars, trucks and tanks piece-by-piece, before delivering the final shot. See vehicles disintegrate in intricate detail.
- Revamped human X-ray kill cam – The acclaimed X-ray kill-cam is back and bolder than ever, including a detailed muscle layer, 3D mesh particles and a complete human circulatory system.
- Tense adversarial multiplayer – Five extreme modes of competitive action, earn Medals and Ribbons as you play, gain XP across all game modes and become a true Sniper Elite!
- Explosive co-op play – Play the entire campaign in two player co-op, or test your team work in two exclusive modes, Overwatch and Survival.
For more information on Sniper Elite 3 visit Rebellion’s official website here.
- GTA San Andreas re-release rumored for Xbox 360
- Japanese Special Editions of Persona 4 Rhythm Game include a Persona 5 Blu-Ray
- inFamous: Second Son community managed to impress Sucker Punch
- World of Warcraft patch 6.1 brings Twitter integration, upgradable Heirlooms, Veteran Edition accounts
- Free games for PC, Xbox One and PS4 weekend roundup