Final Fantasy 14 Patch 2.3: Defenders of Eorzea has arrived
Square Enix just announced that Final Fantasy 14 Patch 2.3: Defenders of Eorzea is now live while also revealing a trailer that showcases all the new content found within. The patch notes say that new story elements have been added which will allow you to learn more about who or what exactly is threatening Eorzea. Aside from new side story quests, you will also come across a new Dungeon that goes by the name of Hullbreaker Isle, a new three-faction PVP mode entitled Frontline, and Hard mode versions of the Tam-Tara Deepcroft and Stone Vigil Dungeons. However, these are merely some of the highlights found within Patch 2.3: Defenders of Eorzea. The full list of additions that come to Final Fantasy 14 can be found below.
- Continue your story in the main scenario and learn more about the dangers from which you have to defend Eorzea!
- Tackle new side story quests, giving you a deeper insight into the lore of the world.
- Fight for your Grand Company in Frontline, the brand new three-faction PvP mode with up to 72 players in the same battle!
- Fight your way up the Syrcus Tower in the Crystal Tower, defeating enemies that the long-time Final Fantasy fans among you might remember dearly!
- Discover why you have to fight Ramuh, the Lord of Levin, widely renowned as the wisest of the Primals.
- Make your way through the new Hard mode versions of the Tam-Tara Deepcroft and the Stone Vigil dungeons.
- Explore the brand-new, stunning outdoor dungeon Hullbreaker Isle.
- Hunt down the most notorious feral beasts that have ever plagued Eorzea.
- Raise and train your Chocobo and make him the very best, like no Chocobo ever was!
- Relax in your brand-new private chambers in your Free Company’s house.
For more details on the new content you can visit this page where you will also find the list of bug fixes and other useful information regarding Patch 2.3: Defenders of Eorzea. Now that we know what the update contains we should probably take a second and figure out how Final Fantasy 14 content is usually being created. Luckily, Square Enix explains the whole process and I suspect many of you will find it quite fascinating. “High Priest of the Code Yoshida-san gets the dev team together, places a development PC in a magic circle, together with some Final Fantasy artifacts, energy drinks and fast food, and, using ancient magic, summons forth a mighty content update!”
Final Fantasy 14 is available for PS3 and the PC. Stay tuned for more news and updates.