New PS4 Driveclub bundle for Europe announced by Sony
Today Sony Entertainment announced a brand new PS4 bundle exclusive to Europe. The bundle includes a standard PS4 console, a DualShock 4 controller and a copy of the upcoming racing game Driveclub all for the price of €439.99. The Driveclub bundle will be available for purchase on October 8th when the title releases. Sony suggests that those interested might want to check their local retailers for a chance to pre-order today. Needles to say, this bundle is only worth it if you were planning to buy the game and a new PS4 anyway as it doesn’t really offer anything else. If you want to find out more about Driveclub check out a few of the interesting facts that were recently revealed by developer Evolution Studios.
- NASA data was used to accurately map out the night sky – so wherever you are in the world you’ll see the correct star constellations for your location.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll get to see the northern lights – it’s possible to see the aurora borealis from the northern tracks in Norway, Scotland and Canada.
- Skies are uniquely generated every time you play, so just like in real life you’ll never see the same sky twice. Unless you’re replaying somebody’s challenge, in which case it’ll replicate exactly to ensure a level playing field.
- High resolution NASA data was used to accurately map landscapes and mountain formations – which were then tweaked to ‘improve’ on their natural beauty and make them perfect for high-speed racing.
- The team spent weeks out on location and covered a minimum of 200km every day to get a feel for each country’s roads and atmosphere. They captured thousands of photos and recordings along the way, in all weather conditions and different times of day.
- There are over 100 different varieties of trees, bushes, mosses and flowers. The team consulted botanists at Kew Gardens to learn which plants would naturally grow in each location.
- Wildlife is realistically tied into the day/night cycle. You’ll see flies and butterflies only during the day, and moths and bats only at night.
And those are only a few of them. For the full list of “51 DRIVECLUB details that might just blow your mind” go to this page. Sony also hinted on their blog that a new video showcasing the game’s dynamic weather system will be revealed today so keep an eye out for that. Stay tuned as we bring you all the latest news and updates.