Battlefield 4 gets another CTE patch featuring bug fixes and optimizations
True to their word, DICE is continuing support for Battlefield 4 by rolling out patch after patch. This time around we get a CTE (Community Test Environment) patch that comes with the usual assortment of bug fixes and optimizations, but also includes a couple of new features. Most notably, you will now be able to shoot while falling, however this results in significant spread to guns. DICE also implemented Battlefield 3 movement and acceleration values and fixed the notorious revive bug as well. Aside from all of this, the patch also comes with Paracel Storm optimizations, Netcode improvements, weapon animations fixes, and more. Check out below the full list of changes coming with Battlefield 4 CTE Patch 17.
- Revive bug fix: No longer does ammunition and heath boxes block revives!
- Paracel Storm optimizations: We’ve optimized paracel storm for PS3 (and every other platform). We have changed the rock formation object, which is used extensively on the map, and the broken carrier object as well – please help us test this to make sure it is working correctly!
- Netcode: High Frequency Update – Added the “ON” option (forces 30hz). AUTO stays default. FrameHistoryTime testing concluded – we will be looking at our collected data, decide on a value and test this on all CTE servers soon.
- UI de-cluttering: Added advanced gameplay options sliders to control the transparency of the inventory, player status, vehicle occupancy and kill log HUD elements.
- Weapon Animation fixes.
- Added functionality to be able to shoot when falling (not jumping): This change makes it possible to shoot when falling (past apex of jumps and falling off of objects). Significant spread to guns is applied when doing this however.
- Implemented BF3 soldier movement and sprint accelleration values: Also includes changes to when the soldier goes _into_ sprint – significant change from previous values on the CTE. We feel these values strikes a nice balance between more control, being able to get out of danger using sprint, and still staying true to the original BF4 movement.
- Fix for interaction UI behaving erratically when trying to arm/defuse the bomb.
- Reduced size of combat area to help reduce players from spawn camping from behind and the side.
- Fanned out the spawnpoints a bit so they’re not all clustered together and added a couple more spawnpoints.
- Fixed bomb that was out of bounds.
- Removed quad bikes.
- Ladders are disabled to limit roof access.
- Reduced combat area slightly to reduce potential back/side spawn camping.
- Moved traincar bomb site to the opposite side where it’s less exposed.
Source: Green Gamers
- Watch Dogs - Consoles vs. PC settings
- Sony confirms that Project Morpheus will feature PS Vita support
- Advanced Warfare's latest trailer introduces Exo Survival mode
- Dragon Age: Inquisition class descriptions and new screenshots
- League of Legends 4.5 patch brings new items and changes to Gragas and Rengar