The Sims 4 system requirements announced
The Sims 4 is scheduled to launch in exactly one week and we’re definitely eager to give it a go as soon as it does. But since this is a PC exclusive title we need to ask ourselves the age long question that only PC gamers ever have to ask, “can we run it?” This has been a mystery for quite a while, but recently Maxis revealed both the minimum and recommended system requirements for The Sims 4 so we can stop wondering now. The good news is that you wont need an extremely beefy machine to run the game on minimum as the requirements are rather standard for a 2014 title. Check them out below.
- REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
That being said, you might want to consider an upgrade or two if you want to play The Sims 4 on higher settings because some of the recommended system requirements suggest that the game can be quite taxing on your machine at times. Naturally, you wont need more hard drive space for the higher settings, but you will need 4 GB of RAM. Additionally, you will apparently also need an Intel core i5 or AMD Athlon X4 processor and an Nvidia GTX 650 or better graphics card. I don’t know about you, but the CPU and GPU seem a bit much for something like The Sims 4. Or maybe I’m just underestimating it and the game actually features some killer graphics. I guess we’ll only know for certain when it launches on September 2nd.