Plants vs Zombies DLC Legends of the Lawn coming soon to PS3 and PS4
Earlier today, PopCap gave some more details regarding Legends of the Lawn, a free DLC coming tomorrow to Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare. The expansion includes everything from the Suburbination pack, an update that was released prior to the game’s launch on the PlayStation platforms. Moreover, Legends of the Lawn also adds a couple of new game modes, 1 new map, 8 new character variants, 2 new Garden Ops bosses, new customizable items and new plants and zombies. That’s definitely a lot of new content and it will become available at no cost whatsoever if you already own Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare. Below you can find more details coming straight from Chris Fox,Lead Gameplay Designer on Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare.
“The star of this pack is our brand new game mode, Taco Bandits,” he said in a post on the PlayStation blog. “Crazy Dave set up his taco stand in Zombie territory and naturally, Dr. Zomboss is trying to eat lunch and skip out on the bill. As a Zombie, it’s your job to push through reinforced Plant defenses, grab the taco, and make it back to Dr. Zomboss’ spaceship in one piece. If the Zombies can manage this feat three times in a round, it’s game over for the Plants. We’re also bringing our Suburbination game mode to PlayStation. In Suburbination, the Plant and Zombie teams are locked in an epic tug-of-war as they fight for tactical control over three hotly contested gardens. In this take on the classic domination-style game mode, its Suburbinate or be Suburbinated!” As for the 8 new character variants, they are as follows:
- The Centurion and his stylish new crossbow are up first. Unlike most Soldiers, the Centurion’s weapon is a single shot, semi-automatic. It’s quick, extremely accurate, and inflicts fire damage that burns over time.
- Sanitation Expert: His trash compactor launches explosive garbage bags that inflict toxic damage to any Plant caught in the blast radius. Just don’t call him a Garbage Man.
- Paleontologist: In addition to rocking a seriously stylish dinosaur suit, the Paleontologist comes equipped with a molten magma blaster that applies fire damage at both short and long-ranges.
- Golf Star: With his increased zoom and super-accurate aiming, the Golf Star is as close to a sniper as the All-Star class can get. His Golf Cannon also features the fastest rate of fire in the game.
- Plasma Pea Shooter: On the Plant side, the Plasma Pea Shooter makes his first appearance on PlayStation. Winner of our Facebook design contest: the Plasma Pea Shooter can shoot rapid-fire plasma balls, super-explosive galaxies, and more!
- Alien Flower: a bit of a departure from your standard Sunflower. Her projectiles explode on impact, creating a temporary spore mist that rapidly damages any Zombies unlucky enough to walk through it.
- Chomp Thing: all about survivability. His health regeneration kicks in twice as fast as any other character, so if you’re planning on taking him on, you’d better make sure you can finish the job.
- Jade Cactus: She’s heavily armored, featuring the highest health out of any Cactus. Her weapon deals explosive damage on direct hits, while misses stick in the environment, build up in power, and then explode.
Oh, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg because Legends of the Lawn features even more great content. Don’t forget, the DLC will arrive tomorrow for Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare so keep an eye out for that.