Deathtrap’s Early Access starts this October, first screens out
Independent developer NeocoreGames has just announced its latest title – Deathtrap – will come out as an Early Access title on October 22nd. For those of you new, Deathtrap is a tower-defense game incorporating “strong” role-playing elements. Neocore’s latest features three modes – a single-player mode, a cooperative one, and player-versus-player – in addition to giving gamers the ability to create their own maps and monsters, and share them with friends and strangers across the internet. The game’s latest press-release has also unveiled Deathtrap’s official list of main features, in addition to a bunch of Early Access screenshots; you can check them out below.
- Become the Master of the Deathtrap Strongholds: The integrated Map Editor and Monster Editor allow the creation of the user generated content; moreover, you can also share your deadly, cunning levels and challenging mini-campaigns with others.
- Knee-deep in blood: in the goriest Tower Defense game ever you can finally teach those monsters a savage lesson. Deathtrap gives you destructive spells and deadly mechanisms to smash, freeze, burn the creatures of nightmare, only to mention a few ways that can turn them into tiny, bloody pieces.
- Rewards of curiosity: Find the hidden corners on the maps and hunt down the neutral creatures hiding away from the battle for exclusive loot; you can also solve rewarding side quests as well.
- Become one of the specialists: Choose from 3 diverse classes (Mercenary, Sorceress, and Marksman); each class offers different tactics, skills and powers to dispose your enemies.
- With experience comes wisdom – and brand new ways to deal with those annoying invaders: The extended and detailed character development offers you 100 levels to achieve and more than 50 Skills per class.
- Weapons of destruction have never been so much fun: fend off the invaders with 25 deadly traps and more than 150 trap upgrades, not to mention the very special upgrades, which are tied to challenging and fun achievements.
- A wide variety of horrors to defeat: Invaders come in 3 races and more than 40 different types; the countless combination of monster abilities will make the invading swarms even more colorful.
- Make your legendary weapons even more effective: Artifact crafting gives you new ways to experiment with lethal magical items.
- King of the Maze: The leaderboards and the rank system lets you compete with other players.
Deathtrap is scheduled for an early 2015 release, on the PC and Mac. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are also planned, though their release date has yet to be confirmed. You can purchase Deathtrap via Steam.
- LittleBigPlanet Vita Devs Release Teaser for New Game Hunger
- Cheating in Hearthstone will not be tolerated says Blizzard as it bans thousands of players
- Xbox One had an "incredible" Black Friday according to Microsoft
- Namco Bandai, Slightly Mad Studios partner for Project Cars launch
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth 5-Minute Trailer