The Crew will have a smooth launch according to Ubisoft
Ubisoft’s racing MMO The Crew is expected to have a smooth launch next week. This is according to lead game designer Serkan Hasan who seems very confident in the title’s success. As you may have already heard by now, 2014 was not the best year for Ubisoft due to the plethora of problems that were present on their games on launch. Sure, the company released major titles like Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4 and Assassin’s Creed Unity earlier this year, but all of them came with their fair share of problems. The latter in particular is already infamous for the amount of bugs it launched with. These bugs actually made a lot of people question Ubisoft’s ability to provide a good game on launch day. Well, this won’t be the case with The Crew says Hasan.
The developer explains that this is mostly thanks to the game’s beta phase, which allowed Ubisoft to get rid of the majority of problems during testing. “For The Crew, we’ve reaped the benefits of a long term beta program, designed specifically to push our infrastructure as far as possible in real world situations, with thousands of players from all over the world playing the game at the same time,” Hasan told The Metropolist. However, only about ten thousand people participated in the testing phase and The Crew is expected to be played by tens or even hundreds of thousands when it launches. Can the game still remain stable even so?
The game designer certainly seems to believe it will, although he did admit that unexpected issues may occur in any online game at launch. It’s only really possible to know for sure once the flood gates will open and players will be pouring in to stress the serves. We won’t have to wait long for such a time fortunately as The Crew launches this Tuesday, December 2nd for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
- The Dark Pictures: Man Of Medan M ESRB Rating Detailed
- Overwatch World Cup Starts Today - Sweden Match Postponed!
- GTA 5 PC delayed after all, but at least Rockstar released screenshots
- Blizzard continues to ban Hearthstone accounts found to be using bots
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive pro player Simon “smn” Beck from team Alternate banned for cheating