Is It Possible to Learn Programming Online from Scratch?
YES – this is the simple answer to the question. We won’t beat around the bush and give you a straightforward answer. You can definitely learn programming online even if you know nothing about it at first. Yes, this is a technical area, but that does not mean that those who are completely ignorant of it cannot learn the fundamentals.
It can be quite intimidating at first, but this should never be seen as a hindrance. If you have the will, there is definitely a way. That said, keep on reading and we’ll share some valuable insights that will help to become a programmer in no time, and without the need for formal education. If you think that it is impossible, read on, and we might just change your mind.
To start the discussion, let us discuss why you would even bother learning programming. It’s difficult, so, why would you waste your precious time learning its fundamentals?
According to Entrepreneur, there are at least three major reasons why you should study programming. The first reason is the fact that it allows the development of structured and creative thinking. It is a good mental exercise that will put your brains to work. To add, it also makes things easier for you, especially matters that are computer-related. Lastly, it teaches the value of persistence. You will start to be more proactive in problem solving. You will be more solution driven.
Nonetheless, if there is one motivation on why you should bother study programming, it would be that it presents attractive income potential. Although the exact pay will vary depending on where you are from, there is no doubt that it is a generous paying job. Some might say that it is boring or that it is difficult, but that does not matter if you are just after being able to earn a lot from your work.
There is an increase in demand for programmers, especially in the United States. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there will be a 24% increase in the demand for software developers from 2016 to 2025. This also means that there is a higher need for programmers, presenting attractive job opportunities for those who have the knowledge and competence. So, if you want a promising future, being a programmer is one of the possibilities you might want to consider.
The Best Advice to Learn Programming
If there is only one thing that you should do to learn programming from scratch, it would be to find the right online course. With this, while there are many options that are available, one that holds a lot of promise is Code Monkey. The latter is different from many others in terms of their approach. Rather than having boring tutorials, they have interactive and fun games, which will surely engage even people with short attention span.
You do not need to have a degree in programming to succeed in this field. In fact, whether you are a graduate with a formal education background in programming or someone who is self-taught, the probability of succeeding is just the same. At the end of the day, it all depends on how you use your skills to climb up and succeed.
Benefits of Studying Programming Online
The best thing about learning programming in an online platform is the fact that you can do it anytime and anywhere. It does not matter whether you are stuck in traffic, enjoying a cocktail while on the beach, or just at home. You can access online materials that will provide you with the basic knowledge in programming.
To add, doing it online means that it will be more affordable. There are tons of courses that can be accessed at an affordable price. There are even some programming lessons that you can access without a fee, although, they might offer minimal knowledge.
Time is another reason why you might want to consider learning programming from scratch in an online platform. You do not need to enroll in a formal class and go to school. It won’t take years before you can finally claim that you know something. Depending on your mental capabilities, a few online lessons will be enough to have an orientation of the basics. Nonetheless, if you really want to be a master programmer, you need to spend years of learning. In fact, learning should be a continuous process for you.
Tips when Learning to Program
The road to being a programmer will be a tough one. To make things easier, take note of the tips that are briefly mentioned below:
- Know the purpose of why you are learning it. This will be your motivation. Whenever you are feeling down, thinking that it is difficult to master, go back to the reason why you are doing it in the first place.
- Choose the programming language that you are interested in. This is an important step because this will help to narrow down the things that you have to study. A lot of programming languages share similar characteristics, but it is still better if you focus on one first. Once you have mastered the language, it will be easier to learn others.
- Look for a mentor. While it is going to help that you learn through online courses, it will be great if you know someone personally who has the knowledge of coding. This will make it easier for you to grow as a programmer.
- Keep on practicing. This is perhaps the most important. Do not give up. This is not going to be an easy road to take, but this does not mean that you should just retreat when you are confronted with challenges.
Indeed, from the things that have been discussed above, it is apparent that you can learn about coding online from scratch. You can go from zero to one hundred, but it will take time. You need to have the technical expertise to be a competent programmer. Invest in time and knowledge.
- Treyarch Unveils Call of Duty "Shadows of Evil" Zombies Trailer
- Lenovo gets a dose of Karma from Lizard Squad
- iOS users are up to seven times more active online than Android users
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will come in two variants according to a new report
- Moto X+1 leaked image confirms wooden back and Verizon availability