Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom Update 1.2.0 Now Live: Full Patch Notes
Nintendo updated The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on Switch to Version 1.2.0 today.
The latest Switch update lets users redeem news channel items. Breath of the Wild had this too. The latest update fixes quests and other issues to improve gameplay.
Nintendo’s support page provides the patch notes:
Ver. 1.2.0 (Released July 4, 2023)
- By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
- Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.
- Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”. Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past that point.
- Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
- Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
- Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.