Kairos, the world’s first mechanical smartwatch is compatible to iOS, Android and WP 8.1
The world’s first mechanical smart watch named Kairos became available for pre-order. The new device will be Android and iOS compatible and due to the incredible number of requests, Windows Phone 8.1 was also included among the compatible operating systems. A few days ago, the device was known to be compatible only with Android and iOS smartphones but seemingly, Kairo Watches developers do not want to let the public down. The smartwatch is basically a mechanical watch with a transparent display on the top of the mechanical part, that displays the smart watch features. Some would say that this watch is too good to be true. The mechanical-digital hybrid will have a full-color display and full, smart abilities like calling, texting, notifications, fitness tracking, email and so on. The transparent color OLED display will give the user an amazing feeling because of the design of a real, mechanical watch and the high-end technology that makes it a smart device.
Pre-orders range between $499 and $1199, discount included (50%-60%) until the end of July 1st. The traditional style of the hybrid, mixed with the excellent transparent display will look special on both of the models that are available: Kairos MSW (Japanese) and SSW (Swiss). These models have been developed by Sam Yang, Chris Park and Andrew Jo, using a TFD (transparent film display) and embedding it below the Crystal Sapphire protective glass.
- Connection: Bluetooth BLE (4.0)
- Display: TOLED RGB Full color (36mm x 1mm), 40% transparency
- ICON Type Transparent Display (Static icons, Numbers & English text only), 60% transparency (optional)
- Sensors: Touch sensor, 3 axis accelerometer w/ gesture detection, Gyroscope
- Processor: Arm Cortex M4 / Intel (TBD)
- Battery: 180mAh (5-7 days)
- Charging: USB charging cable with magnetic connector
- Operating System: Kairos OS (Compatible with IOS + Android+ Windows Phone 8.1)
- Optional: Android Wear OS
- 46xmm x16mm x 22mm
- Materials: 316 Stainless Steel, genuine leather band, Crystal Sapphire Glass
- Water resistant: 3 ATM
The best thing about its warranty is that the consumer can always send it for an upgrade for all electronic components including the battery.
Tags: Android, Display, innovation, iOS, Kairos, mechanical, smartwatch, specification, support, Swiss, warranty, watch, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone