Latest Watch Dogs patch starts rolling out for PC
Ubisoft just announced that the latest patch of Watch Dogs will be releasing for PC “in the next hours.” The PS4 version of the game already received this patch yesterday and the other platforms will also follow in the near future. Interestingly enough, Ubisoft only announced this after a user managed to create a mod which greatly improves the graphics quality of the game on the PC. The end result is that after applying the mod Watch Dogs will look just as good as it did back when it was first presented at E3 2012. Ubisoft didn’t comment anything about that, but they do say that this patch will bring improvements in terms of performance and it will also fix a number of bugs. The PC specific fixes can be found below.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.
The patch also comes with fixes that apply to all versions of Watch Dogs. Most notably, bugs that prevented you from completing certain missions and a glitch that didn’t allow you to progress past 90% completion on the loading screen. There was also a major issue that prevented some players from using hacks, which made the game seem pointless given that hacking is the main theme in Watch Dogs. Luckily that was fixed as well. Additionally, the patch also fixes some multiplayer issues related to respawning and session joining. For more details and updates regarding the patch you can visit the Ubisoft forums.
Watch Dogs was recently named the best-selling title of May according to an NPD report. The game was released on May 27th and managed to sell more than 4 million copies in just a single week after release. Currently there are rumors about a possible sequel and although nothing is confirmed, Ubisoft’s Tony Key said earlier this month that “the Watch Dogs brand has a promising future.”
- Lords of the Fallen: Ancient Labyrinth DLC announced
- GTA 5 PC delayed after all, but at least Rockstar released screenshots
- 6 Things That Will Likely Get Announced at E3 - Fallout 4, DOOM and more
- PS4 is way more popular in China than the Xbox One according to poll
- What have we played in February? – Great games for serious gamers and amateurs alike