The Witcher 3 story, monsters, quests, and endings details leaked
Key details about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s quests, monsters, story, and even the possible endings have been leaked on Reddit and 4chan. Important documents were stolen from a CD Projekt Red employee whose Google Drive was hacked into a few days ago. The files were then posted on various websites including the aforementioned ones and are still there for everyone to see. The company confirmed the incident and advised fans not to look at them as they contain major spoilers. Among the stolen documents we can even find a transcript detailing The Witcher 3 demo that was presented at this year’s E3. You can read a few paragraphs from it below.
“1. We start with a cutscene with the camera descending down on the Baron’s castle, showing off the lovely open world surrounding it. The camera tracks in on the window of the cottage where we talk to Keira Metz. Cue dialogue.
7. We jump in the water and swim up to the boat. We dive down, showing how the lake looks underwater. In the background there are barely visible outlines of swimming drowners.
10. On the island we run into hungry ghouls and grave hags gnawing on the bones of corpses. More stunning combat here and two new monster types.
13. We climb to the very top of the tower and enter the mage’s laboratory. Here we talk to a strange ghost / wraith. She asks us to take her bones to her lover. ”
Another document says that the core game has been in a “Feature Complete” state since February, but mentions that bugs may still occur. The file also says that The Witcher 3 is expected to run better on PC than it does on consoles. Back in February The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was in Alpha and featured a “fully functioning, full-featured core version of the game with main path story and plot quests for all characters completed and implemented.” The document also adds that “Content is still being developed, but design and feature set are locked. No known blockers are present, but random crashes, functional and cosmetic bugs may still occur. The entire game can be played without progression blocking issues on PC, XBONE and PS4 although performance is expected to be worse on consoles.”
Elsewhere among the files we can find a bestiary, quest descriptions, lists of animations, and hints that The Witcher 3 might support SmartGlass and Kinect for the Xbox One once it launches. The game will be released sometime during February 2015. Stay tuned for all the latest news and updates.
- Borderlands The Pre-Sequel's first DLC adds new character
- PlayStation Plus members will receive free access to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth next month
- Diablo 4 Officially Announced For PS4/Xbox One/PC, Gameplay Trailer Released
- Halo 5 Online Co-op Requires XBL-Gold
- Capcom will Release Four Mega Man GBA Titles on the Virtual Console in May