Free-to-play MMO shooter Firefall launches July 29th
Red 5 Studios will finally launch Firefall on July 29th, more than a year since the game entered open beta. Firefall is a free-to-play MMO shooter only available for PC and playable via Steam once released. Just like many other FTP titles, this one also features microtransactions, although most of these are merely cosmetic or convenience items so this game doesn’t live by the pay-to-win model. In conjunction with the game’s launch, Red 5 Studios is releasing two Firefall Launch Packs, which include some exclusive items as well as early access to the full game starting with July 15th. As for the game itself, some of the key features can be viewed below.
- Explore a vast, evolving open world with dynamic content that responds to player interactions.
- • Discover the lore of Firefall through episodic narrative.
- • Combat your enemies in a skill based shooter in either first or third person view.
- • Engage dynamic Missions and Events, including epic Titan Battles.
- • Upgrade your Battleframe with limitless crafting, loot, and progression.
- • Outfit your character with endless customization options.
- Dynamic, Living, Open World: Explore a vast open world from New Eden to Devil’s Tusk. Become an elite ARES pilot and be prepared to fight an array of creatures as well as confront the Chosen. Don a variety of Battleframes and destroy your enemies from either a first or third person viewpoint.
- Heroes Will Rise: Combat the Chosen to reclaim earth and become the best ARES pilot in your class. With familiar and highly polished shooting mechanics, your skill and dedication will be rewarded. Firefall is action packed with rewarding content, including massive Titan Battles for PvE and skill-based open world PvP.
- A World without Limits: Firefall is the first AAA Free-to-Play MMO Shooter. Outfitted with military-grade battleframes, players will be able to collect equipment and materials to customize and strengthen their arsenal of weapons and abilities, while experiencing Firefall’s rich lore and engaging content. With epic loot to be unearthed and rewarding level progression to be achieved, the possibilities in Firefall are limitless.
Red 5 Studios says the final release of Firefall will feature about 15-times more content than the beta and the world space will be four times as big. Aside from the packs, the company also released a brand new website and a new trailer in order to celebrate the game’s launch. All in all, this tile seems very promising and is certain to become quite popular on Steam in the following months.