Guardians of the Galaxy game launches on Android, iOS and Windows Phone
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy may very well be the most anticipated movie of the year for many sci-fi fans. The film debuts in theaters on August 1st, but you can already get a first look at all the crazy action today with Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon game for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone. The game features 6 worlds, more than 60 levels of real-time combat in Story mode as well as 25 characters from the GOTG universe to unlock and upgrade. You start off as Star Lord, the leader of the gang, and as you progress you will gradually unlock the remaining 24 characters including the other 4 Guardians from the movie: Groot, Drax, Gamora, and Rocket Raccoon.
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Ultimate Weapon doesn’t have the same storyline as the film. Instead, the game offers a “parallel time frame” and is more inspired by the Marvel comics than the upcoming movie. “We started the game before we knew anything about the film, other than the release date,” producer Aaron Norstad told Polygon. “We knew from the beginning that although we were going to strategically plan to launch the same time as the film, we knew that we didn’t want to be the game that was the same storyline as the film. It’s sort of another kind of offshoot of a story that draws references to and from the film, but is different.” A list of key features can be found below.
- No In-App Purchases and no Internet connection required to play!
- Unlock, upgrade and control 25 characters from the Guardians of the Galaxy universe.
- Travel the Galaxy and battle through more than 60 levels of real-time, gesture-based combat in Story Mode.
- Story and Arena Modes! Progress through the story and defeat villains in Story Mode then switch up your GOTG team and recruit additional heroes and villains for survival in Arena Mode.
- Customize your team with the Guardians and their Allies. Recruit heroes, level up their skills, and then outfit them for battle using unique item buffs and the mysterious Iso-8.
- Unlock combo moves and unleash crushing attacks from powerful pairs like Rocket and Groot or Drax and Gamora!
- Go head to head with a roster of Guardian of the Galaxy villains like Korath, Nebula, and Ronan!
Guardians of the Galaxy is available for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone devices and can be purchased for the price of $4.99. Stay tuned for more news and updates.
Categories: GAME TRAILERS, Mobile, NEWEST GAME TRAILERS, NEWS
Tags: Android, Drax, features, Gamora, Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy game, iOS, Marvel, mobile game, Price, Rocket Raccoon, Star Lord, The Universal Weapon, Windows Phone