Hearthstone players experiencing “purchase failed” error in Curse of Naxxramas
Update: I finally managed to purchase the Plague Quarter earlier with in-game gold. Blizzard announced a few hours ago that they “will be pushing out a hotfix tonight that should address a number of issues that some players are experiencing in regards to purchasing the Plague Quarter.” They also say that it may take some time before everyone who was charged multiple times can be reimbursed, but they are actively working on it.
Hearthstone players all over the world, but particularly in the EU region are experiencing a very unusual bug. This error prevents them from purchasing the recently released Plague Quarter wing that’s part of the Curse of Naxxramas expansion pack. Every wing can be purchased for $7 or 700 in-game gold, but when attempting to buy the Plague Quarter a lot of players are getting a message saying “purchase failed”. I have tried it myself and can confirm that this is indeed the case. As seen from the screenshot below, I am also told that I have another transaction in progress even though I did not.
As bad as this is, it only gets worse as this error is apparently causing some players to lose their gold or real money while the Plague Quarter continues to remain locked. Moreover, others are being charged multiple times when purchasing the quarter and in some cases it remains locked regardless. This bug has reportedly emerged as soon as the second Curse of Naxxramas wing was opened. Blizzard is well aware of this fact and are trying to resolve the problem as we speak. Community Manager Zeriyah posted the following message on the Hearthstone forums:
“We are currently investigating an issue where Curse of Naxxramas: The Plague Quarter is not immediately unlocking after a real money or gold purchase. Thank you for your patience as we look into resolving this issue as quickly as possible. If you are experiencing this issue, please see this thread on our Technical Support forum to help provide us with additional information.” Zeriyah later updated the post with technical support information while also asking players from some feedback on the matter.
“For everyone who had a failed transaction (gold or cash purchase), please check your Order History in Account Management and let me know what you see.
- For failed purchases made by gold, the gold will be released back to you within 10 minutes or so.
- For failed purchases made by cash on PC, the money will be released from your bank within 72 hours (per your financial institution’s policies)
- For failed purchases made by iTunes on iPad, the money will be reimbursed according to apple’s policies.
- For all cases where more than one purchase was successful (gold, cash, or iTunes), our development team continues to review and work towards a resolution for these.”
Hopefully Blizzard will manage to fix this problem sooner rather than later. Stay tuned for more news and updates.
- Marvel's Spider-Man: The Art Of The Game Price, Cover, Release Date Detailed
- The Talos Principle's 'Road to Gehenna' Expansion Announced
- List of Xbox One backwards compatibility games revealed
- WildStar gets new PVP oriented content patch called Sabotage
- Tekken creators announce Pokken Tournament fighting game