CyanogenMod 11 M10 released today
The CyanogenMod monthly update began rolling out today, with the promise of a few new features and a lot of bug fixes. CyanogenMod is an open source Android firmware many are keen on because it offers a lot of customization compared to stock Android or other ROMs. The only issue with CyanogenMod is that on most devices, you need to root in order to benefit from the whole CyanogenMod experience.
CyanogenMod has been rolling out Nightlies, nightly updates to the CyanogenMod ROM, aside from monthly updates. The new CyanogenMod 11 M10 released today encompasses the following improvements and fixes, among many bug fixes.
- New Device added: Galaxy S5 Sprint
- Split out Note 3 into GSM, Sprint and Verizon
- Refactor moto_msm8960dt as ‘ghost’ for Moto X 2013
- Drop support for obake, toro, toroplus
- Theme Engine: Themes support for additional UI elements
- Frameworks & Core Apps: CAF and other upstream updates
- Settings: Add scramble pin feature
- Frameworks: Long press recent apps to switch to last used app
- Settings: Add soft reboot option
- Add smart cover support
- Add glove mode support
- Add bug reporter and crash log uploader
- Multisim updates
- General bug fixes
- ANT+ Support for various hardware
- Privacy Guard: Control NFC permissions
The monthly update is the most stable version CyanogenMod will get since the “stable” and “release candidate” builds will no longer be released, as far as we know. Most CyanogenMod users advise people using Nightlies to perform clean installs of the CyanogenMod 11 M10, otherwise they might encounter crashes, bugs or the update might not get installed at all. CyanogenMod also added the CM Bug Tracker application which will help users with bug and error reports.
CyanogenMod urges users to upload their crash logs and bug reports to CM, reinforcing that personal, device and other information contained by these logs will only be seen and used by CyanogenMod. Sending these reports to CyanogenMod is important because the logs and crash reports coupled with user description of a certain bug or error will help the team improve the ROM.
- Pokémon enthusiasts eagerly turn their attention to the captivating creature designs of Palworld
- Nvidia works its magic on Assassin's Creed: Unity with exclusive GameWorks features
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Android released just in time
- Unexpected! Dave, the diver, is acquiring the Godzilla DLC
- This week's update to Dragon Ball: The Breakers adds a new raider and a map