Anticipated Games of 2017 – South Park: The Fractured But Whole
South Park: The Fractured But Whole was initially set to be released at the end of this year, however Ubisoft (which has taken over production of the second game, with Obsidian Entertainment having made the first one) released a statement in September explaining they wanted the game to meet the high expectations of fans.
- “South Park: The Fractured But Whole will now launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, calendar Q1 2017. The development team wants to make sure the game experience meets the high expectations of fans and the additional time will help them achieve this goal.”
Down below are videos of the trailer and the gameplay.
In the Ubisoft E3 gameplay above, the creators of South Park Trey Parker and Matt Stone explain that it is a sort of continuation of the previous game, South Park: Stick of Truth. The players are still the ‘new kid’, who was been demoted and is back to being seen as an unimportant character.
The game follows the plot of the children still coming together and playing pretend, but rather this time they are playing superheroes. In the trailer they parody Marvel’s famous phase 1, 2 and 3 for their movies, as well as poke fun at DC Comics and their movie franchise.
A fight breaks out among the group, who argue on who should be having the Netflix series, and who should be having the solo movies, so in the end they split up and hilariously call it ‘a civil war’, in reference to the most recent Captain America movie.
It is also explained that players have the ability to mix and match powers, to have the option to really customize their superhero. Parker and Stone showcased a few other scenes in the game including Cartman’s (or, The Coon) discussing the players’. . . Tragic, backstory.
The game’s overall plot is similar to that of the first one, the group splits into two and you must choose a side to fight for. Ubisoft has mentioned that the game is set to release March the 31st, and is available for pre-order.
- The Sheltered Preview: Morals Versus Survival
- Destiny will undergo some tweaks following the Beta, but nothing major
- Latest Smash Bros. Patch "Nerfs" Hated Character in the Smash Community
- The Evil Within has staggering PC system requirements
- Heroes Rise duology are the first full text adventure games on Steam