Panels for PAX South Announced
Penny Arcade Expo has quickly grown from a convention of just a few thousand people to a gigantic event with tens of thousands of attendees. Nowadays badges for the event sell out almost immediately after going up for sale, and attendance at PAX has become a yearly tradition for many in the gaming community. Gamers of many different interests come together for previews and demonstrations of new games and tons of nerdy merchandise. Another aspect of PAX that draws many each year is the panels, where industry insiders often give sneak peeks or answer questions about upcoming content. The panels for PAX South were announced yesterday, and it looks to be an exciting line up that will draw in fans of gaming from all over the country.
The keynote speaker for PAX South will be Christopher Perkins, principal story designer for Dungeons and Dragons at Wizards of the Coast. Perkins got his start at Wizards of the Coast as an editor of the Dungeons magazine, and has since been promoted to Senior Producer and Story Manager for Dungeons and Dragons. Hearing a presentation from the man in charge of lore for the most popular table top RPG is sure to be a treat, and Dungeons and Dragons in general has had a large impact on the gaming industry – even outside of the tabletop setting.
A press release from PAX South gave a glimpse of some of the more notable panels:
- Friday the 13 th : The Game – The Art of the Kill! on Friday Jan. 27 at 9:30 pm -Adam Sessler joins Ronnie Hobbs and other developers from Gun Media as they take the stage to demonstrate how there’s much more to Jason Voorhees’ line of work then a simple hack job.
- Acquisitions Incorporated on Saturday, Jan. 28 at 2 pm – PAX co-founders Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik and special guests play a hilarious round of Dungeons & Dragon with Perkins serving as Dungeon Master. One of the most popular panels at every PAX West, Acquisitions Incorporated will make its PAX South debut in 2017.
- Penny Arcade Q&A #1 on Friday, Jan. 27 at 11:30 am – Holkins and Krahulik will answer questions and deliver the most significant PAX announcement since the reveal of PAX South.
Badges for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday admission at PAX South in San Antonio, TX are still available for $35, but the 3 day passes are sold out. To determine which day(s) make the most sense to attend, check out the full line up of scheduled panels here. Exhibitors have not been announced, but will be announced later this week.
Tags: Dungeons and Dragons, Pax, Pax South
- Hearthstone: China vs Europe tournament will have a Ferrari as the grand prize
- Overwatch wins Game of The Year 2016 at The Game Awards
- Killing Floor 2 coming to PC and SteamOS
- Back To The Future: Back In Time Board Game - Price, Release Date, More
- Bethesda says The Elder Scrolls Online patch fixes skill experience issues