Dota 2: TI4 prize pool over $6 million, new stretch goals added
Valve announced today that several new stretch goals have been added to the Dota 2 Compendium. We reported a few days ago that the prize pool for TI4 was already over $5 million, well guess what? Now it’s over $6 million! The company issued the following statement as soon as the massive sum was reached:
“It’s been only twelve days since the Compendium launched, and already the prize pool for The International has risen to astonishing heights, rocketing beyond the $6,000,000 stretch goal. Now we’re introducing several new stretch goals to aim for.” The last milestone has now been moved to $10 million and the nine new stretch goals that can be seen below have just been added to Dota 2’s interactive digital book.
- Daily Hero Challenge($6.8 million) – Earn 25 Compendium points every day by winning a game with the Hero we choose for you.
- Alternate Voice($7.2 million) – Vote for the Hero you’d like to receive a new, alternate voice & dialog pack. When the recording is complete, you will be granted an item that unlocks the new voice.
- Favorite Hero Challenge($7.6 million) – Start training for the the next International. Select one of your Least Played heroes and we’ll provide a GPM/XPM analysis tool during the game to help you compare your performance with previous games. Win 10 games before July 28th and you’ll earn compendium points.
- Model Update Vote($8 million) – Vote for the Hero you’d like to receive a reworked model.
- Multi-Kill Banner($8.4 million) – You’ll receive an item that customizes your Multi-Kill Banner.
- Afterparty Broadcast($8.8 million) – Live Broadcasting of the after party with special guest Darude.
- New Upgraded Creeps($9.2 million) – Unlocks new models for your creeps after you’ve killed the enemy barracks. (Available to all players, not just Compendium Owners)
- A->Z Challenge Support($9.6 million) – A new quest system will be added to track your progress, and earn you rewards as you win with all the Dota Heroes. (Available to all players, not just Compendium Owners)
- Victory Prediction Taunt($10 million) – Unlocks the ability for you to perform a voice taunt with your Hero in the early stages of the game. Keeps track of how many successful predictions you’ve made in a row.
The current prize pool for TI4 is twice as big as it was for last year’s tournament, and will probably get a lot bigger by the time the event kicks off. The International 2014 takes place during July 18 – 21 which means Dota 2 fans have about two more months at their disposal in order to reach the $10 million milestone. We think the community will unlock this latest stretch goal long before then however, given that $6 million was achieved in just twelve days. We’ll keep you up to date as the situation develops so make sure you stay tuned.