Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Channels Chrono Trigger
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call will soon be receiving a new batch of DLC. The new content will feature songs from a variety of games, including fan favorite title Chrono Trigger.
The latest DLC pack for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call will release in Japan on December 24th. The tracks will all cost 150 yen apiece, though “Ultima” and “Hard to Miss” will be free for the first two weeks. There is no word on whether or not the tracks will be leaving Japan and come stateside.
A sequel to the original Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call first released on the 3DS in 2014. A rhythm game, Theatrythm see players taking Final Fantasy characters through stages based off of songs from the series. The game features over 200 songs from various Final Fantasy games (and now other Square Enix RPGs as well). There are also over 60 characters to play as. Songs come from Final Fantasy XIV, X-2, XIII and the sequels XIII-2 and Lightning Returns, Type-0, the movie Advent Children, and spin-offs such as Final Fantasy Adventure and Dissidia. The game has had a positive reception. The gameplay is split up into three different modes: Field Stages, where the player controls one character, Battle Songs, where players take parties to face off against enemies and bosses, and Event Stages, which plays songs against a full motion background of the game or movie that the music if from. There is also a Versus Mode where two players are pitted against each other using a game song.
Here is a list of the songs:
- Ultima – Final Fantasy XIV
- Hard to Miss – Final Fantasy XIV
- Zero – Final Fantasy Type-o
- Opening Titles – Romancing SaGa 2
- Passionate Rhythm – Romancing SaGa – Minstrel Song
- Battle #4 – SaGa Frontier
- Meridian Dance – Secret of Mana
- Chrono Trigger – Chrono Trigger
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call is available for the Nintendo 3DS. Recently, a new title in the series, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest was announced for Japan. You can read about that here.
- Has OnePlus delivered another flagship killer?
- Battlefield Hardline Showcases New Concept Art for Multiplayer
- Some pre-orders for Destiny being cancelled
- The Order: 1886 dev. - "any Destiny review under 8 is 'ludicrous'"
- Optic Gaming officially announces that Crimsix and Formal have joined their Advanced Warfare team