The latest Guild Wars 2 free trial was announced and it’s pretty much right around the corner. Starting tomorrow, September 25th you can jump into the game for one full week (until October 1st) and it will not cost anything. Those who are interested can create a free trial account at this page. Now, the trial will indeed give you free access to Guild Wars 2, but the developers have put a number of restrictions into place in order to ensure that things will run smoothly. For example, last year there was a lot of gold selling spam in the chat and other similar activities that proved to be annoying for regular players. The restrictions can be seen below.
- Trial Accounts can send mail only to a player who has added the trial account holder to their friend list.
- Trial Accounts can send whispers only to a player who has added the trial account holder to their friend list.
- Trial Accounts cannot use map chat.
- Those playing on a trial account cannot sell items the Trading Post.
- Trial Accounts will be limited to 2 character slots.
- Trial Accounts will not have access to the Gem Store.
- Trial accounts will not have access to the Currency Exchange.
- Trial accounts will have access to Edge of the Mists but will not have access to World-versus-World.
On the bright side, there be will no guild restrictions so players using trial accounts can freely join guilds and play with other guild members as well as chat with them. Earlier this month, Guild Wars 2 was updated with the September Feature Pack so this is a perfect time to jump into the game. The feature pack added new systems and features, and improved some of the existing ones. For more information of the September Feature Pack check out the Guild Wars 2 blog.