Owner of the Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 tablet may celebrate today as their device is getting the Android 4.4.2 treatment. Sprint offered the device for a cheap price and even free, so there must be a plenty of devices to get the update today. This update is the first major one to hit the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and it might also be the last one. The new build number of the update is T217SVPUBNE7. The new, Android 4.4.2 update will bring the following tweaks:
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
The late Sprint update isn’t surprising but it’s notable that Samsung provides an update to a budget device. The KitKat update for the Samsung Galaxy TaB 3 7.0 will roll out in stages, so you might have to wait until your device gets the OTA update option. One thing you can do if you don’t want to wait is to pull the update manually by going into Settings>About phone> System update. You can also try to download the update through Kies. Whichever download method you chose, make sure you’re connected to the internet through your wi-fi network and your phone if at least half charged. If you already received the update on your device, please share your observations with others in the comment section.