Hi-Rez Studios announced that Ao Kuang is the 60th god to join Smite’s ever growing pantheon. Also known as the Dragon God, Ao Kuang is a new melee mage who is best suited at dealing with one target at a time, although he is definitely useful against multiple opponents as well. Ao Kuang’s lore reveals that he is one of the four Dragon-Gods, particularly, the god of the Eastern Sea. As such, his abilities are closely related to water and dragons, especially his ultimate which allows him to transform into an actual dragon. The latest addition to the Smite roster also has the power to summon dragons to help him in battle, turn invisible and leave behind a watery form of himself, and unleash powerful lighting storms from his sword. A detailed description of all his abilities can be found below.
- King’s Sword – Passive: Ao Kuang’s sword can hold up to 3 Energy Charges, and regenerates charges while out of combat. Each time Ao Kuang casts an ability, an energy charge will be consumed if available, increasing the damage of the ability by 5%. If Ao Kuang is out of mana, he will use Energy Charges to cast abilities instead.
- Water Illusion: Ao Kuang teleports forward into stealth, leaving behind a watery form of himself. He remains in stealth for 5s or until he attacks or takes damage. Ao Kuang may activate this ability again to detonate the watery form, dealing 90/140/190/240/290 +70% of his Magical Power as damage to nearby enemies. Cost: 70. Cooldown: 15s.
- Dragon Call: Ao Kuang summons 6 dragons to his side. For every successful basic attack Ao Kuang makes, a dragon will dive to the target dealing 40/60/80/100/120 +30% of his Magical Power as damage. This ability ends after all dragons are used, or after 10s. Ao Kuang may activate this ability again to send forward any remaining dragons in a ranged attack, dealing 50% damage per dragon and Slowing 30% for 1s the first enemy hit. The slow duration increases +.25s for each remaining dragon that was sent forward. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s.
- Wild Storm: Ao Kuang unleashes a storm of lightning from his sword, damaging all enemies in front of him for 90/140/190/240/290 + 50% of his Magical Power. This hit is considered a basic attack, and will activate item effects and send forth dragons from Dragon Call. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 5s.
- King of the Eastern Seas: Ao Kuang selects a single target in melee range and grabs them, dealing 90/140/190/240/290 +50% of his Magical Power as damage and knocking them up into the air. If the target is under a health threshold of 23/26/29/32/35%, Ao Kuang will instead reveal his true form, becoming a Dragon and executing them. After transforming Ao Kuang remains in the air, and may then pick a new location to land, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 +50% of his Magical Power as damage to enemies within range 20, and fully recharging King’s Sword. Cost: 90/100/110/120/130. Cooldown: 90s.
In addition to detailing his abilities and lore, Hi-Rez Studios also released a trailer that gives us even more insight into Ao Kuang, the Dragon God. Check it out: