The Sims 4 only launched today, but publisher EA already managed to identify quite a number of bug thanks in part to player complaints. Luckily, the company was quick to react and released a day-one patch aimed at fixing all these issues. One of the most annoying bugs caused the game to enter in a non-responsive state when Sims went on a date with the Grim Reaper. This shouldn’t be a problem anymore following the patch and neither should the bug which prevented Live Mode from loading when Gallery households merged with another household. Moreover, the patch also fixes a couples of issues that were resulting in The Sims 4 crashing. Check out the full patch notes below.
Severe Issues / Crashes:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create A Sim that could occur after the you lock and unlock your computer.
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed an issue with “Shine on Men’s Suit”, “Glitter and Abs”, “Big Hat of Shame”, “Star-Spangled Glasses” and the “Tiki Bar”, not remembering their unlocked state upon reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states.The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
- Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
- You can now exit Build Mode when not on your home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
- Game no longer hangs if you attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
- Splitting and merging households no longer results in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
- Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household die.
- Babies no longer multiply if left in the Household Inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mode from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create A Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow you to modify their face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects (via the shift + [,] cheat) that are shared to the Gallery will now remember their enlarged state for others to enjoy.
Fixed an issue where the game would become non-responsive when attempting to save a lot to the your library.