PS3 or Xbox 360 gamers that own GTA 5 on their console now have more reasons to pick it up again once it releases for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Rockstar Games announced earlier today that said players will benefit from a lot of additional content, including new weapons, activities, rewards and more. Needless to say, gamers who already own GTA 5 on last gen will not be inclined to purchase it again, which is way the company created the exclusive content especially for them. According to Rockstar, the new content will allow players to” experience the game’s massive world in new and exciting ways.” The exclusive content includes, but is not limited to the following:
- New Events & Rewards: Encounter new events happening all across the world, and complete the challenges they present to unlock exclusive new vehicles like the menacing Imponte Duke O’Death and that veritable GTA classic bird of flight, the Dodo seaplane.
- Murder Mystery: As Michael, follow a trail of cryptic clues to unravel a grisly murder mystery. Put the clues together and you’ll unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic.
- Weapons: The Rail Gun & Hatchet – Obliterate your adversaries with the high-powered, high-velocity Rail Gun. This piece of experimental military technology also has its own set of Shooting Range Challenges at your local Ammu-Nation shooting range. Or hack and slash foes up close and personal with the brutal Hatchet melee weapon.
- Wildlife Photography Challenge: There are new species of animals across Los Santos and Blaine County, and the LS Tourist Board needs someone to document them. As Franklin, catalog unique animal species scattered across the map to unlock the special Kraken Sub.
- Stock Car Races: Win a series of new Stock Car Races to earn unique custom Muscle Cars adorned with logos from some of the companies that made this country great.
- Monkey Mosaics: A mysterious street artist is tagging walls all across town with his simian-inspired silhouettes. Track down and photograph them all to earn new monkey outfits (available to all players) and a special Go Go Monkey Blista exclusively for returning players.
- New Vehicles and More
- Grind up the Los Santos freeways (and over anybody in your path) with the Cheval Marshall monster truck and take to the skies in a faster and more maneuverable Blimp, compliments of Xero Gas.
Rockstar says that all this content is only for returning GTA 5 players and will not be available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game. In addition to owning the game on last gen, players will also need a Rockstar Social Club account in order to transfer to the PS4, Xbox One and PC. Keep in mind though that this transfer can only be done once. The company also reminds players that pre-ordering GTA 5 on any platform comes with $1 million in-game currency, half of which can be used in the campaign mode and the other half in GTA Online. Grand Theft Auto 5 will be released on November 11 on PS4 and Xbox One, and January 27, 2015 on the PC.