Ready at Dawn’s highly anticipated PS4 exclusive The Order 1886 finally has a release date. Sony announced during their E3 2014 press conference that the game will be arriving February 20, 2015. We were also presented with a new trailer featuring some action packed gameplay footage. The video presents Galahad, the game’s main protagonist as he battles a hideous monster that sort of looks like a werewolf.
Galahad is seen wielding some pretty unconventional weapons that almost look out of place given the Victorian-Era setting. On the other hand, The Order 1886 does blend fantasy with reality so advanced weaponry are to be expected I guess. Aside from the E3 trailer and release date, Sony also sent out an updated sheet containing all the most important features we can expect to see in The Order 1886. The full list of features can be read below.
- Familiar Mythology Reimagined in an Alternate History. The game introduces a unique mythology that will fuse actual history (real world places, figures, and events) with twists on familiar myths and legends to create an alternate history from the one we know today. Players will wield advanced weapons and gadgets that didn’t exist during that era and the realism of the game experience will make you feel like these elements could have been plausible during the time.
- Gameplay Features to Push the Genre. : The Order 1886 will push the Third Person Action Shooter genre by incorporating unique gameplay features to enhance and vary the experience. By consuming Blackwater, an ancient and mysterious liquid, the Knights have the ability to engage Blacksight, an in-game ability allowing them to enter into a heightened state, slowing time to execute precise pistol attacks. Blackwater will also be used as a healing mechanic during gameplay, slowly refilling over time and allowing a Knight to recover from a downed state. Cinemelee sequences will challenge the player to use intelligent strategy to manually dodge and evade enemy attacks.
- Seamless narrative experience. Full performance capture for characters and scenes, combined with seamless transitions between action and story sequences, work together to bring the rich narrative, rife with conspiracy and intrigue, to life.
- Filmic Immersion. The game’s unique filmic presentation is designed to replicate the texture of film and use real-world motion picture and cinematography techniques to emphasize dramatic character performance and realism.
- Weapons. The setting of anachronistic London allows for weapons that are unique, yet grounded in understandable science. Fire bolts of electricity to take out long-range targets with the Arc Gun, or rain down fire on enemies with the Thermite Rifle by dousing them in a cloud of flammable dust and igniting it with a superheated flare. Advances in technology mean airships patrol the skies and The Knights wield an impressive arsenal of powerful weapons and gadgets unique to this vision of Neo-Victorian London.
- Ready At Dawn Legacy. Created and developed by Ready At Dawn Studios, award-winning developers of Daxter, God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP Game of the Year) and God of War: Ghost of Sparta. The studio is known for pushing their target hardware to its limits, as has been seen from their past titles, and they are now setting their sights and expertise on the PS4 system.